Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Anticipation: Criminal Minds


“What they do will blow you away. How they do it will blow your mind. “
When I talk to my friends about Criminal Minds; they either love or hate the show. But who would ever hate this show? Like seriously . . . My friends think criminal minds is sweet. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like the show. Whenever, I mention Criminal Minds, they usually say, “Let’s watch!” or, “Yeah.”  
“Focus on the criminal not the crime,”
and “the way to a criminal is through his mind.”
When watching Criminal Minds with friends, we can see the “aha moment,” suspense, and intensity. Each episode focuses on the unsub, nothing more, and nothing less. My friends and I almost always cling to the edges of our seats when watching, except if we have already seen the episode. The weekends are the worst. Marathons run all weekend, and I make some of my friends stay up with me until 3 in the morning to watch. This show never grows old.
   The crazy psychopaths
The killers keep the show exciting. The first 10 minutes heighten the intensity of the rest of the episode. You cannot miss any of these minutes or else you miss the crime. Even 5 minutes late ruins it. My friends say, “It’s fine,” and I just look at them and say, “No, it’s really not.” Each killer has their own unique killing style, and each new episode brings fear to my friends. At the same time, the episodes strike us with awe. We sometimes say, “That was a cool crime,” or, “What in the world?!”
  The insane endings
Morgan and Reid, along with the rest of the BAU, always, and I mean always, figure it out and catch the unsub in the last 5 minutes. They always race to the crime scene. The BAU save the last victim either by hiding them or stopping the unsub just before he or she kills the victim. In the last 10 minutes, my friends and I usually predict that the victim will make it. We are usually right, and we sigh in relief. There is hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment